How does Botox Vistabel Allergan work?
Allergan Vistabel Botox works in a temporary manner by improving vertical lines between the eyebrows. These lines often mistaken for a frown or negative emotion can be treated in adults under the age of 65.
What are the benefits of Vistabel?
- Improve psychological wellbeing of patient
- Improve appearance by creating positive emotion in face
- Treat vertical lines between the brows
What do I receive in the box?
- 1 x 50 iu
How long will the effect last for?
Results are temporary, which means further treatments are necessary to maintain the look. You can expect the results to last for 3 to 6 months.
Who should not have Vistabel® treatment?
Individuals with a known hypersensitivity to any component of the formulation.
Patients who have generalised disorders of muscle activity (e.g. myasthenia gravis).
Patients where aminoglycoside antibiotics or spectinomycin are already being used or are likely to be used.
Patients who have bleeding disorders of any type.
Pregnant or lactating women.
Most of the literature on Botulinum Toxin, and hence the clinical evidence and statistics, are based on Botox® as this brand represents around 80% of the world’s use of Botulinum Toxin.
The graph below shows the results of a study published in 2001.
- 500 patients were injected three times in a year with Botox®.
- They were injected on days 0, 120 and 240.
- The graph shows that over 70% of the patients showed significant improvement in their glabellar frown lines (i.e. the appearance of their wrinkles when trying not to frown) 30 days after their first injections.
- This improvement continued after repeat Botox® injections at days 120 and 240.
Who can perform Vistabel® treatment?
It should be used by trained members of the medical profession only.
How does Vistabel ® work?
It temporarily prevents the release of acetycholine from sympathetic nerve terminals. To learn in detail how Vistabel® injections work.